EDANA, the leading international association representing the nonwovens and related industries has announced the categories for the prestigious INDEX™17 Awards.
These awards recognise innovative, cooperative, creative and sustainable achievements in nonwovens. They are open to any EDANA member company or INDEX™17 exhibitor. From today, companies can download an application form from the dedicated INDEX™17 page under ‘Events’ on www.edana.org, which must then be completed and returned with samples and supporting details (as applicable) to EDANA before 12th December 2016. While companies may only submit one product per category, they may apply in as many categories as they wish. Products must be commercially available at the time of submission, and must not have been commercially launched before April 2014. All applications will be treated with full confidentiality. The Award categories for 2017 include:
1. Nonwoven roll goods
2. Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens
3. Raw materials or components – innovation in a raw material or component (e.g. polymer, fibre, binder, film, tape) of special relevance to the nonwovens and related converted products industry
4. Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
5. Achievement for the most original marketing campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens
6. Sustainable product
7. Sustainable process or management practice In addition, applicants to at least one of the above categories may also apply for a brand new complementary Award:
8. Cooperative innovation between industry and centre of excellence. This category aims to reward successful cooperation between industry and (non-commercial) centres of excellence. The panel of judges is made up of several independent experts with technical, converting and marketing experience, and one member of the nonwovens press. The judges are looking for creative ideas, new technology and innovative products. They will first assess the relevance of entries from each category, then select a maximum of three qualifying entries per category. All qualifying entries will be recognised in a special press release 3 weeks before INDEX™17, and the winners chosen from among the qualifying entries will be presented with their Awards at a special ceremony. This ceremony will be held on 4th April, 2017 – the first day of the INDEX™17 exhibition – and will include a highly publicised launch with media coverage. Each winner will receive a specially commissioned bronze sculpture and a diploma. The sculpture, which symbolises the versatility and features of nonwovens, was designed by Olivier Strebelle, the renowned Belgian sculptor whose works are displayed in major cities across Europe, the United States and Asia. The winners of the cooperative innovation Award will both receive a transparent cubicle with a holograph of the INDEX™ Award on the inside.