Techtextil Symposium 2017 is an informative and visionary expert forum revolving around the subjects of technical textiles, functional garment fabrics and their multifarious applications. At the 19th edition of the symposium from 9 to 12 May 2017, which is held concurrently with the two leading international trade fairs, Techtextil and Texprocess, renowned experts will present the latest research results, as well as new products and applications.
Moreover, in addition to the proven lecture format, discussions and workshops will facilitate an active exchange of ideas for the first time. Experts interested in making a contribution are invited to subject proposals for the individual formats. The closing date for receipt of proposals is 7 November 2016. “Each area of application has specific requirements with regard to the properties and production of technical textiles. At the same time, textiles are the key to new solutions in fields such as architecture, medicine and safety”, says Michael Jänecke, Director, Technical Textiles & Textile Processing Brand Management. “The symposium permits an interactive debate about current problems and innovative visions of the future, and opens up new perspectives for participants.”
Themes and formats:
The focus of Techtextil Symposiums 2017 will be on new developments, trends and potential areas of application for technical textiles and nonwovens whereby emphasis will be given to both processing and new products. Special themes include apparel textiles, including smart textiles and wearables, printing technologies, such as 3D and digital printing, and the internet of things with regard to textile machines and sustainability.
The thematic blocks:
• Apparel textile / wearables
• 3D printing / digital printing / printed textiles
• Bio materials / bio-degradable materials / sustainability
• Challenges and expectations of the sector from the user perspective
• New materials / textiles
• New technologies
• New applications
• Internet of things with regard to textile machines
• Modern marketing tools for launching products onto the market Lectures, workshops or discussions will be held depending on the theme. Proposals must be submitted in English. The lectures will be selected by the experts of the international Programme Committee.